If you want your grade to hover in the D/F range, here’s how you get there:
- Don’t Follow Directions.
- Forget to hand things in.
- Forget to make up your missed quizzes/tests.
- Forget about the Final Projects until the day before.
- Don’t Do much of anything.
That’s the easy way to earn an F or D.
If you happen to want to earn a C, here’s what you do:
- Complete your work and Care enough to hand it in on time.
- Come to Class.
- Cooperate with your Compañero or Compañera when doing Classroom activities.
- Complete your projects.
- Copy down the notes and Consider how they might be applied to your work.
C is for cookie.
That’s good enough for me.
If you want to earn a B or an A, do everything C does, but Actually do it Better.
- Better work means you make your work closer to Actually Being correct, not just complete.
- Better coming to class means you stop engaging your phone and you Are Aware of your surroundings (which helps with learning).
- Better cooperation with your partner means you Actively participate in making Both of you Better at the activity you’re working on.
- Better completion of projects means you Allow the directions to influence your project. (Students that earn an A follow ALL the directions, not just a few.)
- Better note taking means you don’t write it down to have it, you write it down to Actually use it.
I wish it were that easy to give students grades. But that’s the trick: I don’t get to give them. You get to earn them.